H.E. Michael Reiterer
Advisory Group | Austria
H.E. Michael Reiterer is the former ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the European Union to the Republic of Korea (2017-2020) and the former ambassador to Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein, Bern (2007-2011). Currently, Mr. Reiterer is a Distinguished Professor in International Security and Diplomacy at the Institute for European Studies, Vrie Universiteit Brussel (VUB).
Mr. Reiterer’s distinguished career includes:
- 2012-2016 Principal Advisor, Asia and Pacific Department, European External Action Service (EEAS), Brussels
- 2002-2006 Minister, Deputy Head of the Delegation of the European Commission to Japan
- 1998-2002 ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Counselor, Department for External Relations, European
- 1997-1998 Minister Counselor, Permanent Representation of Austria to the European Union, Brussels; Counsellor at the European Economic and Social Committee
- 1992-1997 Deputy Director General, Department for European Integration and Trade Policy, Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, Vienna
Mr. Reiterer holds a Doctorate in law from the University of Innsbruck (1978), a Diploma in international relations from Johns Hopkins University School for Advanced International Studies, Bologna Center (1979), and a Diploma in international relations from the Graduate Institute for International Studies, Geneva (1981).